Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Inside the Shed

Here is the main floor all tidy with plenty of room for more stuff. This is the first winter that we could actually walk into the shed! Usually we have to climb over stuff. (As an aside, a ground hog has dug a home under the floor boards of this shed. It comes back every summer. I love having it around because it really likes to eat the weeds in my garden and it scares away the neighborhood cats. And a few neighbors, as well!)

Here you can see the loft area. Notice the particle board? This roof was literally caving in. In fact right above the access hole, there had been a HUGE hole in the roof; so we had to re-roof. They put the loft access hole in just the right spot. The windows are right there, so having the hole there lets in a lot of light to the whole shed. This shed doesn't have electricity hookup - so we need the natural light.

And here is the loft. We had stored some extra lumber and our sleds up here, but there was so much space, I had to take advantage of it. I just wonder why I had waited so long! Notice the rustic lumber. This shed was built when they were still using square nails! Tear it down? No Way! It's an antique!!

9 comments:

OldRoses said...

Great job! You're invited to my house to rearrange my shed too!

Jenn said...

Wouldn't mind seeing the exterior of that shed. Square head nails!

Way cool!

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, I got that gift from my mother. She is a master packer!

Jenn, there is an exterior picture of the shed in the previous post. I'm not sure how old this shed is, but our house is 125 years old. That is OLD for Wisconsin.

Stuart said...

Looks just like a shed should!!!

Sylvana said...

Thanks, GCTD! I think the insurance guy thought we were crazy for insisting on keeping it, but I bet he'd even agree now that it is a worthy little building.

andrea said...

Ooo... I want a groundhog!

jac said...

Don't tear it down. It is unique !!!

A ground hog ??? Doesn't it smell down the boards ??

jac said...

No posts 'cause it is winter there ??

Sylvana said...

Andrea, believe the hype! Groudhogs are cool!

Jac, yes it is very much winter here. I will be posting pictures here very shortly of the garden in winter. The snow is beautiful!