Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lasagne Bake

I had a bunch of ingredients that needed to be used up: mozzarella, cottage cheese, sweet onion, and unflavored yogurt. Hmmm... what could I make?

Lasagne bake!!!

What's that? What about the yogurt? Trust me.

I just made this recipe up as I went, as usual, so get ready for more creative measurements. First, turn the oven on to 350 degrees and grease a lasagne pan well with olive oil.

In this picture you can see a box of mostly cooked mini lasagne noodles (they'll finish cooking in the oven) mixed with a 1/2 lb of grated mozzarella, four big-spoonfuls (see the big spoon?) of cottage cheese (um, maybe 1/2 a large container), and three big-spoonfuls of unflavored yogurt (really, trust me!).

Then mix in a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce and one pound browned ground turkey sauteed with sweet onions (about 1/2 a large onion). Mix in a tablespoon of garlic salt (Lawry's is the best).

Top with two cups shredded mozzarella and sprinkle on parmesan.

Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees.

How was it?

DEEE-LICIOUS!!

5 comments:

Isaac Carmichael said...

'Twas yummy!!!

OldRoses said...

OMG, that sounds so yummy!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Sylvana, this lasagna looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I will try it this Sunday!
And a lovely weekend to you!

Sylvana said...

SSB, this one is definitely going in my "favorites" book.

OldRoses, we were eating it for three days. It was so good!

Sonia, thanks and you are welcome! I love to share my cooking with people. Maybe you could share some Brazillian recipes with me?

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Sylvana, me again.
Thanks for your visiting on my page. I appreciate it so much. Glad you and me have A LOT in common! I bookmark you and I will return soon. Have a nice weekend!
(((Hugs)))