Late Start, Early Start
Normally this wouldn't be a problem since I generally don't start planting my veggies until a week or two after Memorial Day - but this year I got a jump start (for me anyway) and had started planting two weeks ago. I had already replaced much of what I had ordered with other seeds, so...
I will be making ANOTHER veggie garden bed to house the items that I just got from Jung. I needed an additional bed anyway. I can cram a lot of veggies in a 4x16 bed, but I want to grow more squash and herbs.
The seeds I purchased:
- Pumpkin "Early Sweet Sugar Pie" (which I already replaced with "Triple Treat"; a fabulous pumpkin that I had grown one other year and made the best pies with and what I had really wanted anyway)
- Snow pea "Mammoth Melting Sugar"
- Edible pod pea "Sugar Daddy" (which I have already replaced with "Sugar Snap" left over from last year)
- Garden pea "British Wonder"
- Filet bean "Maxibel"
- Kale "Blue Curled Vates"
- Broccoli "Packman Hybrid"
- Lettuce "Baby Star" (which I already replaced with "Buttercrunch")
- Salad greens "Jung's Gourmet Mesclun Mix" (I have grown this before and my family and the groundhog highly approved)
- Pepper "Cherry Bomb Hybrid" and "Margaret's"
- Spinach "Bloomsdale Long Standing" (which I discovered later I already had seeds!)
- Carrot "Sweetness III Hybrid" (which I have already replaced with "Gold Mine" and "Nantes Scarlet"
- Basil "Mammoth Napoletano" and sweet basil "Italian Large Leaf" (both of which I already replaced with what I had really wanted anyway "Genovese")
Well, we'll see anyway.