Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Morning Garden Visitors


Here are a couple of garden visitors that decided to come check me out this morning. I almost got a picture of a curious chickadee, but couldn't get the camera to focus in time. Darn!

I have lots of finches and cardinals that visit my garden every morning. They like to eat the sunflower seeds on the plants as well as the ones that I put in the feeder every morning. Maybe they recognize me as a food source. Maybe they are facinated with my technology. Maybe they just think that I'm trying to take their food. Whatever it was, I had birds following me all while I was out this morning.

Except the usually aggressively bold blue jays. They were no where to be found or heard this morning. Hmmm...I wonder what is up with that.

2 comments:

OldRoses said...

Yup, they know you're feeding them. I know when my feeder is empty without looking because the birds in my yard "nag" me if I go outside and don't fill it immediately. They are as bad as my cat.

Nancy & Jeff said...

Nancy and I are new to blogging and are just getting acquainted with all you pros in the biz. Our blog is http://gardeneryardener.blogspot.com

We look forward to enjoying your blog.

Jeff Ball and Nancy Szerlag