Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Little Retreat



This is the gazebo that we put up this spring. It was so hard to find just the right one. I already had the area laid out in a circle, so I needed one that was circular. I didn't want to block out the sun, so I wanted one that was sparse. I wanted something cheap but sturdy. And I was really interested in something that looked like wrought iron. I love curves and floral-like patterns (duh, huh?). This gazebo was it! I got it from Target. It was easy to put together. It would be easy to take apart if I wanted to put it away for the winter- I'm still deciding. I might just hit it really hard with WD-40 before the snow flies and then get out there whenever it warms up to do the same. I did put an extra coat of enamel on this to protect it a little better, and so far it has been working just fine! We have had some VERY BAD wind storms (we are in the plains area, and we get winds that knock over trees) but this has withstood no problem.

I was so happy to see this become the little getaway area that I was hoping that it would be. I started the morning glory sometime around the first of July. I will definitely use these next year, but I will start them a lot earlier. I can go out here in the morning and have some coffee or tea. Only ocassionally do I need to clean the chairs of bird droppings. I love the birds, but can't they find other things to crap on?

4 comments:

OldRoses said...

GORGEOUS! I long for a gazebo like you long for a garden gnome. The birds are the same here in NJ. My birdfeeders are at the end of my driveway so my car has become an avian restroom. The guy who owns the local carwash loves me.

crazygramma said...

I bought a Gazebo this summer from Wlamart on a clearance sale. It last a week and then the spot where it was welded broke and I looked at it only to discover they used rusted pipe and then spray painted it. Glad yours is great and I will be hunting for one next year again.

Sylvana said...

I checked this one out as I was setting it up to make sure it was a pile of crap. The metal was thick and the welds were strong otherwise I would have hauled it right back.

Beo said...

That is beautiful. I wish I had some money to do something like that. Maybe I'm spending it in the wrong places.:(