Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cool Kitchen Gadgetry: Pizza Stone

I usually don't go to sales parties, but a friend that I don't see that often was having a Pampered Chef party, so I went. I wasn't intending to buy anything, but I walked away with a pizza stone. I felt like I had fallen for the peer pressure and I regreted it immediately since the stone was $25.

...that was until used it. I LOVE THE STONE. Pizza's are always crispy. It is great for baking anything that you want to be crispy: fish sticks, pizza rolls, egg rolls. I even use it for baking bread.

Like the clay pot cooker, it develops a patina that makes it more and more stick free. You can see the patina forming on mine. Unlike the clay pot cooker, however, this stone can be put right in a hot oven.

I just use a plastic scraper or a paper towel to clean it off. Easy.

7 comments:

crazygramma said...

Those are great I was actually going to get one last Sunday when I went to a Pampered Chef party myself, however reason took hold since I have not worked since last Sept.

Sylvana said...

CrazyGramma, I was unemployed when I purchased mine!! So funny.

They do have them at Target for about half the price, but I think the Pampered Chef ones are more heavy duty.

Sylvana said...

At 2/04/2006 2:42 AM, OldRoses said...

Ooh, now I want one. I didn't realize they were that good. I loooove kitchen gadgets. I have three kinds of rolling pins!

Sylvana said...

I had to re-post the above comment for OldRoses since blogger was funky on Saturday and has been eating things up on me -- like comments and posts!!

Isaac Carmichael said...

I like it because it you're not allowed to use soap on it!

Diana LaMarre said...

I don't have one of these either, but it sounds like I might like it, too. Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

I use my PC stone for everything and I love the lifetime gaurantee that comes with it.