Friday, June 30, 2006

June Overhead

I like to take overhead pictures of my garden to get a sense of the over-all layout of the garden. Sometimes looking at the garden from above is the only way to see patterns that are there or should be there, problem areas and what to do about them, and generally how everything looks at once. I see barespots that need to be filled and a tree that needs to be replaced, but I am mostly happy with what I am seeing. Although it doesn't look as neat and trim as it did last year, I like the more casual, cottagey look.


Here's a nice clear picture with the garden hose. Oops!


And here is a not so clear picture without the garden hose.

5 comments:

OldRoses said...

I LOVE your overhead shots. Is this your front yard or backyard? Either way, it's lovely.

David (Snappy) said...

it is very picturesque even with the hose.Is it front garden with the street alongside.There is so much going on.love the rounded trellsing and ceramic pots,Would love to walk around your garden.

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, THANKS! This is actually my backyard. I also have gardens in my side yard along this same street and gardens in the front yard along the other street (I'm on a corner).

Snappy, thanks! This garden takes up about 1/3 of my back yard. It was once all grass - can you imagine? I prefer to take care of a garden than to mow.

Stef said...

hi, just found your blog through oldroses. how did you take those overhead shots? - stef at stefoodie.net and garden.stefoodie.net

Sylvana said...

Stefoodie, welcome to my blog!
I take these pictures from my roof.