Monday, October 01, 2007

It's Alive!

My computer is alive and kicking! A friend of ours came over Friday and helped get the ball rolling with his Linux Live CD (KNOPPIX). Prior to this CD I was unable to get it to recognize the CD drive or the external hard drive that I was using for back-ups. And the horror I faced when I realized that the last back up I could find was from 2005!!!

But all is well. My husband painstakingly downloaded all my files and applications onto a back-up drive. Then he began the repair process. My computer is now in pre-meltdown condition. And I am so grateful to the both of them!

Everyone should make friends with a computer geek. Actually, two wouldn't hurt!

This week I will get to posting some of those pictures that I have been waiting to get to, so bear with me!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Glad to have you back online!