Saturday, November 07, 2009

November Overhead

It was a beautiful day today and I got a lot done, but mostly I spent time in my garden (and a little time on my roof:). When I get enough money, I am going to get this power line underground. It is a nuisance for over head shots and when we want to sit outside and enjoy the stars.
This last week I even finished filling the new vegetable beds with compost. I also planted about 60 garlic cloves and the ten raspberry plants I got from a coworker. I still have rutabaga, Swiss chard, broccoli, kale, leeks, spinach and Brussel sprouts growing.

I know it seems a little weird to be thinking of this when we haven't even started winter yet, but I am feeling really good about next year.

4 comments:

Chloe m said...

It always feels good to me to clean up for winter. Something about putting everything to sleep an tucking it in for a long winter's nap. I hope your garlic does well, that is a lot!
Rosey

Sylvana said...

Rosey Pollen, I liked taking stock yesterday to see what was doing well and to see that there aren't many holes left in the flower garden that need filling. And to see all that space in the vegetable garden for all that great food next year! Garlicky food ;)

Amy said...

Your garden beds look great! I keep saying, "One day I will have tomatoes!"

Sylvana said...

Amy, many tomatoes grow great in pots. In fact, every year I grow at least one in a pot by my back door - sweet cherry tomatoes for a quick snack.