What Makes A Good Blog (and what doesn't)
For choosing a blog to read I go through the following process:
(pause cursor on sentences for hover text)
- Intriguing blog title.
- A great blog header will keep me there for a look-see.
- Clutter is a big turn off.
- Newest post either visible upon entry or not too far a scroll away is a MUST!
- Author info at the top is definitely the way to go.
- A well thought out, well written post is also a MUST.
- I LOVE humor!
- Pictures aren't necessary for every post, but do add to the experience.
- I prefer blogs that allow comments.
- I HATE word verification!
- No pitch black backgrounds with bright white text - Headache City!!
- Fabulous photos
- Post labels
- Authors who read and respond to comments
- Hyperlink references in posts
- Posts that teach me something.
- A passionate, funny writer that isn't afraid to go off on a good rant now and then ;)
- Wide shots of the garden
- Pictures that include the whole plant
- Step-by-step instructions
- Names of plants in the pictures
- Your planting zone and soil type
Tell me what you like (and dislike) about blogs!