Monday, October 03, 2005

Fabulous Freaks

This echinacea started itself this year. I almost pulled it up because it was in a place that I didn't want it and I had so many other echinacea already growing. Once again, something stopped me. I am glad that I left it because I almost bought an echinachea that had this horizontal petal feature, and now I don't have to! The flowers keep their petals horizontal to the very end too. It is even better than the ones that I almost bought since the flowers are over twice the size of normal echinachea as well. They are HUGE!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

They are very photogenic too. P.S. I thought of you this weekend because we went to the West Coast of Vancouver Island and there where Gunnera everywhere. Even at gas stations. It was crazy.

OldRoses said...

You still have eninacea? Mine finished ages ago. I just have seedheads.

Sylvana said...

Yeah, Sandy, I have Gunnera envy. ;)

OldRoses, Yes, these are still blooming. We are supposed to get frost soon, so they won't be around too much longer.

Jenn said...

Is that Magnus? Or is it something newer?

Do you know?

Sylvana said...

Jenn, they are a mutant from my regular purple echinacea. But they do look like Magnus, though.

crazygramma said...

They are great mine are still blooming as well.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. The leaves look so green and fresh, too. My echinacea is the droopy kind but it's never seeded itself.

Sylvana said...

thanks everyone. These are STILL blooming and it is the 19th of October!!

Alice said...

Very pretty indeed. I think I like them better than the 'normal' ones.

Sylvana said...

Alice, me too. I have been meaning to get this type for a few years. It's so nice when my garden just does stuff on its own.