Friday, May 23, 2008

All Those Bricks

I had intended to use all the bricks, that I got from tearing down that chimney, for a pathway; but some of the bricks just weren't holding up to the foot traffic. So, I started to use them to hold back the berms.

This picture is from very early in spring -- see? No tulips.

The bricks really helped to define the beds and paths, and I think give an over all "finished" look to the garden.


These pictures were just taken a few days ago. Things are really looking pulled together and my garden is finally starting to look like I had imagined it should all those years ago when I started it from the flat grassy area that it was.

You can see all the planting of tulips really paid off. I really got a great show this year. I have already ordered more tulips for next fall from Brecks, but I think that I will save the majority of my bulb money for Menards. They actually had a great selection of what turned out to be some really great quality bulbs for not so much money. I think on average I paid about $4 for a pack of 12 tulips. That is a bargain!

4 comments:

B said...

I usually get good deals from Menards as well.

Your garden is looking good!

Sylvana said...

Thanks, Tam! I was think so myself!

After trying some of the tulips from more expensive sources along side the Menards' offerings, I have come to the conclusion that there really isn't much difference -- except the price!

Anonymous said...

Sylvana! I haven't visited your blog in a few years. (I used to have a blog called 'Sabine's Garden'. Do you remember me?) Wow! Your garden has changed a lot. It looks great! I like the defined pathways.

Sylvana said...

Hey Sabine, yeah I remember you. Sorry it took me so long to reply - last year was a bust as far as blogging went. I had a TON of stuff I was in charge of at work AND I was planning a three week vacation with my family overseas for August.

Great to hear from you again. Do you still have a blog?