Thursday, July 14, 2005

New Lily


I have no idea what the name of these lilies is. I planted them three years ago and this is the first year that they have bloomed. The buds are almost deep maroon. When they first open up they are a black raspberry color, but as they age they begin to fade to a lighter shade from the tips of the petals slowly to the center. This lighter shade makes the flower seem as if it is glowing. I hope that I can find out the name of this one, but I think it was another of those "Lily" lilies I got from My-Mart-Of-Choice (to be refered to from now on as My-Mart). My best guess after hunting through all of my lily indexes is this one called "America".

3 comments:

crazygramma said...

Those are great I love the maroon color.

Sandy said...

Lovely lillies!

Sylvana said...

Crazygramma- I like their dark color too. I also like the way that they change shades.

Sandy- Thanks. Lilies are great!

SCBNymph- Hey, thanks for the great new link! They are pretty close, but mine have freckles/speckles and there is no fragrance. I really like those "Rosepoint Lace" lilies on that page. Hmm...where's my wishlist?