Sunday, July 09, 2006

Brick Pathway Overhead

To get the rest of the bricks for these pathways I had to tear down a chimney. The first three rows of bricks really got me double-thinking how badly I wanted those bricks, but then after that, they came down much easier. I even rather enjoyed myself! My husband was able to help some of the time and my son even helped a little too!

We got enough over the weekend to complete our pathways. And I just found out today that we can have the rest of the brick which is the amount that we have in the pathways over again! Now you can all say - LUCKY!!

8 comments:

OldRoses said...

Looks fantastic! I can't believe how much you have accomplished in such a short time. I'm so envious.

Unknown said...

WOW--beautiful job so far! I'm turning green with envy over here at your brick luck. What are you going to use the rest of the brick for? A patio under that gazebo that I'm drooling over right now?

SierraBella said...

Dang, it's looking beautiful!
Hope you stumble across that truck full of sand...

crazygramma said...

I am so jealous! It looks great, lucky you.

Shannon said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

It really makes me wish I lived in a climate where I could grow such a garden.

Ms. Conduct said...

Wow wow wow! It's just perfect! What will you do with the truck full of brick?

Jenn said...

Mmm. So jealous and happy for you all at the same time. Don't you just love gardening?

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, you know, neither can I!

BlackSwamp Girl, I love that gazebo too. It was exactly what I had envisioned there. I am going to use the bricks in a tea patio in the front garden.

Sierrabella, my luck couldn't be that good, but I did get the sand at nearly 1/2 price, which still tickled me pink.

Crazygramma, I was due for some good luck.

Shannon, you could always come back. I'm sure we must have some ESL groups you could teach here - somewhere.

Garden Obsession, I finished tearing the rest of the chimney down - in 100 degree heat, no less! The bricks that we don't need for the paths are stacked on the sidewalk awaiting our next project - the tea garden!

Jen, the jealousy makes all the work that much more rewarding ;)