Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What Is This Moist Stuff Coming From The Sky?

Could it be Rain?

I thought that was a myth. A fairy tale legend.

It has been so long since it has rained that I actually almost forgot what it was like. I did a rain ritual last night, and by-golly IT WORKED!

But it was supposed to rain LAST NIGHT! Not TODAY!! I have no car TODAY. I have to walk every where I am going TODAY. I have a massage appointment TODAY. And most of all, I have the big library interview TODAY!!!

Those of you who visit my personal blog know about The Interview. I have been wanting a permanent job at the library that I work at forever! I have a fair chance at it, and now I will be coming into the interview looking like a drowned rat.

Oh well, they already know me well enough. I have worked here for 5 years after all. If they can't over look a little water-logging, well Pltttttt!!!!

We are suppose to get up to 3", so goodbye tomatoes. I have only been watering ocassionally, so I'm afraid with all this rain, every last one of them is going to split. I wished that I could have set the bricks because this would have been the perfect rain to really get them set tight.

I have had to do emergency watering almost everyday for over a month, so I will take this rain gladly even with the inconveniences that it will bring.

5 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I am happy for you that you got some rain! We've had good luck with rain until this week... time to turn on the sprinklers!

Kasmira said...

We got rain last night! Yeah! After I had spent the afternoon watering. :(

The plants are very happy.

Diana LaMarre said...

Rain is almost always welcome in my garden! I never seem to get enought.

How did the interview go?

jac said...

Seen your lovely pathway after a very long time.

But still no blooms recently ?

I know you are a very busy girl, but who is not ?

Sylvana said...

Carol, we didn't get as much as they said that we would. In fact, instead of raining all day, it only rained for an hour. But it was still very welcomed.

Kasmira, I had watered before the storm too, because the plants were in really bad shape, and you never know when the weather people will be right.

Zoey, the interview went really well. I left thinking that I have a better chance than I thought of getting that job. Which actually causes some complications I won't talk about here - but the story is on my other blog if anyone is interested.

Jac, we have had a drought so my plants are using all their energy just to survive.

I feel no need to explain, you will just have to understand.