Saturday, July 22, 2006

Garden Goodie Bonanza

I had a great garden shopping day yesterday even though I really didn't mean to go shopping for garden stuff. I went into JoAnn's for a couple yards of fabric and came out with a cart load of garden stuff. Take a look:

All of this cost me a mere $42. This was originally $210 worth of stuff, but it was 80% off. So I really feel like I made out like a bandit with this haul.

But it didn't stop there. The next store we went to was strictly to buy a bag of chocolates for the HR person that wanted to hire me desperately, but I had to decline (so I was sending her a thank you note and some really good chocolates). Once we got in there, we found this:


We have been wanting a nice cast iron log rack for a while but they were a bit too expensive, but at $40 how could we pass it up?

And SSB and I were really happy when earlier this week we went to Target and found that the lion sculptures that we have been drooling over all summer finally were at 50% off. We had to have them for SSB's Japanese inspired garden.



This last one was a gift from my dad. He brought it all the way from California for me to thank me for helping him with his website for his reunion.


Isn't it adorable? My dad has a pretty good idea of what I like. This was PERFECT!!!

6 comments:

artquest1 said...

Hi,
Congrats on your two lion sculptures, but they are Chinese, not Japanese. If you'd like to send me an e-mail, I'll be glad to send you a photograph of the original that I took inside the Forbidden City in Beijing.
Never buy anything at full price - cheap is good! Leaves more money to buy other things!
Happy Hunting, Bob
bobsouvorin@mindspring.com

SierraBella said...

Oddly, living in California, I've never noticed many burro figures... maybe I'm too far Norte!
Can't wait to see what you plant in its basket.

Diana LaMarre said...

Wooo hoooo - You made a haul!
I love it all.

Can't wait to see how you incorporate it all into your garden.

Sylvana said...

Bob, welcome to my blog! Oh, we know that they are Chinese, but then the garden isn't a strict Japanese garden either! My husband and I just really like Asian things.

Sierrabella, I still can't believe that my dad packed this in his already tightly packed car just to bring it to me all that way! I will be putting planted pots in it since it does not have drainage and I will need to sop out excess water every once in awhile.

Zoey, neither can I!

David (Snappy) said...

Love the stone lions.they are very cool.We have a chinese restaurant that has two of them guarding the door.hope they bring you good food, company and prosperity.
That Burro is cool,Your dad must know you better than you think.
I love shopping when i have money, bargains are double the fun too.

Sylvana said...

snappy, my husband says that he hopes they bring us good food too!
Mmmmmmm!