Saturday, June 25, 2005

Lilymania

These are more of my lilies, and hey! I actually know what these ones are called. They are "Italia" asiatic lilies. They started out as three bulbs about 5 years ago and now I have a huge patch of them. In fact, I might have to move some of them next year.

I really like lilies and there are so many different kinds. They are sort of like the tulips of summer. They don't really need any special care, except mine tend to fall over so I do have to set up supports for them. I will post on the special cages that I make for them. They're really neat and easy to make.

4 comments:

crazygramma said...

Oh I love them.

OldRoses said...

Yeah, I'm definitely on a lily rampage. I don't know why I never planted them before. I'll be planting more for next year.

Sandy said...

I have also decided to plant alot more lillies next year. These ones are beautiful!

Sylvana said...

I love them!! The color combination is perfect and they have so many flowers! Unfortunately, like most asicatic lilies, they don't really have a scent, but I have so many other flowers in my garden that are heavily scented that I really need some that aren't scented. I think it would be scent over-kill otherwise.