Friday, June 24, 2005

Mystery Solved?

I have added a few new cool links to my side bar. There is one in particular that I think helped me figure out the lily mystery. If you thought the other lily index I found was great, you will wet your pants when you see this one! Going through this one and having my photos of my own lilies I believe I have found matches for the pale yellow one and the squirrel gift lily.
This one looks almost exactly like the pale yellow one that I want more of. I had thought that the photo of Royal Respect L/A hybrid from the other index looked similar, but this photo almost 100% confirms my belief. Don't they look like they could be from the same bunch? (the web pic is on top and mine is on the bottom).I don't remember planting anything called Royal Respect, but then again, I get a lot of containers that just say "lily" or "hosta" and don't say what variety it is. This may have been the case with this one. I might have also gotten this from a friend. I have completely forgotten where I even got it from or when I planted it!


And here is my best match for the squirrel gifted lily. Once again, side by side they look like a pretty good match, huh? (web pic on top, mine on the bottom) This one is Good Night asiatic. This one isn't as convincing a match as the pale yellow one, so I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a better match. Look at the way the petals on mine have openings in between while Good Night is more overlapping. The speckles on Good Night also seem to be much darker. Mine has speckles in a red-orange shade. It could just be the pictures. The lighting is different and theirs seems to have a shade of blue to it. So, it could still be a match.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I have to admit that I'm no gardener, but those are amazing lilies.

Beautiful!

Jacqueline (Crazy Grandma's Sister)

Sylvana said...

OMG, Jacqueline, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Absolutely Fabulous!!! Great gravatar!

OldRoses said...

It could just be the picture. I have found that there are significant differences in color between what I saw in the catalog and what actually grew in my garden. It's kind of like adjusting the color on your TV.