Monday, June 12, 2006

Taming the Jungle

I spent the day yesterday gardening with my son. My son was looking for jobs to earn money (because we make him earn the money he gets from us) so I told him that he could tear out all the weeds from the area under the lilac facing the back alley. It has been a trouble spot for years, but I just never had the time to get around to it. He hopped right in and got it all done. He got it done so fast that I forgot to grab the camera for a before picture, so you will just have to imagine this area over-run with elm seedings, several different kind of vines, lilac suckers, burrdock, and several unidentified weeds.

6 comments:

OldRoses said...

WOW! Looks great. Send him over to my house. I have tons of weeds.

crazygramma said...

He did a great job and having just cleared a big mess of weeds and overgrown grass I can well imagine the before picture.

Diana LaMarre said...

It certainly looks nice now. He did a great job.
How old is he?

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, he even dug out the roots of the elms and lilac suckers!

Crazygramma, the weeds were at least twice as tall as the plantings we put in!

Zoey, he's 13. My friends have just recently found out how responsible he is and they have been booking him for work for the rest of the summer.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Weeding is the one thing I do alone. Every one of my boys consistently pulled the plants and left the weeds.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow, he did a good job! Congratulations to your son!