Sunday, April 05, 2009

Pho-tag

I got tagged by Primrozie. It was an easy one, so why not. The task is to go into your photo archive and choose the 4th picture from the 4th folder and talk about what it is. Then choose 4 people to tag!

This is the only Asiatic lily that I ever paid more than $5 for and my only double lily. It is the Elodie lily. I purchased it from Brecks in 2006. It looked just like it did in the catalog. It isn't the most hardy lily. I had to move it in 2007 because of some rearranging that I needed to do, and it did not like it's new home. It may not come back this spring, but I will definitely think about trying this one again.

You guys draw straws and figure out who gets to do this.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It's been a long time since I ordered from Breck's but I was never unhappy with the merchandise.

My interests were redirected to vegetable gardening.

Once I have a few things established I'll pay more attention to my flower gardens. I have a lot of shade.

I used to have Lilly of the Valley naturalized under and around a crab apple tree which is on the border of ours and neighbors property. Neighbor's children mowed the area for us for unknown reasons. The first year my husband said something and the second year did them in ~ they haven't come up since.

The other wild flower I'll work on is Trillium. The roadsides are covered with both white and pink Trillium each spring. They always are in bloom for Mother's Day.

Then in the summer the Fiddle Fern is abundant in the wooded areas here. I'll place them around the edge of our property where the most trees are along with some hostas. I love the kind that are bluish leaved. They really get big.

I planted a few Iris last year in hopes I will be able to harvest the root for my potpourri. It is orris root which holds the essential oils an prolongs the scent.

I hope your lily comes up for you this year!

Sylvana said...

I had an area along the border that I had piled leaves to try and kill the grass so that I could expand the bed there and the neighbor's boyfriend mowed it up twice! Then I guess he mentioned something to her about my garden creeping over the property line. But neither of them really know where that is. All my beds are a couple a feet shy of the line, no need to mow them down! I am considering putting up a fence so there is no question and no more mowing of things that should not be mowed.