Monday, February 06, 2012

I Am Not Myself...

I have no idea what has come over me, but I have become obsessed with tea cups!

I was in a thrift store and they had a bunch of tea cups in the display case at the register. I saw one that really struck me, and the guy in line ahead of me said that he had been thinking about buying it too. I didn't have the money to get it then, so I left without it -- physically, but it was with me mentally as I couldn't quit thinking about it!

So I went back the next day and bought it and two others, since there are three of us in the family.

My husband suggested that we have "high tea" that weekend. We have an old fancy silver tea service and now had cups to go with it. We set up the table for tea, threw in some Vivaldi -- because nothing says hoity-toity like Vivaldi. My son thought it was so weird that at first he couldn't quit giggling. But everyone had fun and we decided that we would try to make it a regular thing.

Then I started trawling eBay sneaking peaks at other tea cup and saucer sets. You know, just to see if I got good ones.
But then before you know it, I had placed bids on 5 sets!! Agh, what was I thinking? I openly said that I probably wouldn't win them all. Yet secretly hoped that I would.
I did! So, in a few weeks I will be the proud owner of way more tea cups and saucers than I have room for!




Here are the three I bought from the thrift store - the last one is my favorite.
I will post pictures on the ones I just won as soon as they arrive!

No comments: