Friday, September 02, 2005

Sea of Echincea

Here are some pictures from my garden. As you can see my echinacea is still going strong. The butterflies just love them! I have more butterflies in my garden this year than any other year. You might be able to see a few in this picture.
Here is a wider shot of this large bed of echinacea. I like the cottagy look that it gives my house. I definitely was going for an older look for this very old house (it was built in 1877- that is really old for Wisconsin!).

7 comments:

OldRoses said...

Love your house! And the echinacea is great too. Mine is long gone, the difference in climate between Wisconsin and New Jersey. But the birds are enjoying it. I had a small flock of four finches today feasting on the seedheads. They have the loveliest calls.

Anonymous said...

I love your house, too! And the flowers are lovely!

crazygramma said...

What a great place! I love the cottage flowery look.

Sandy said...

Great house Sylvana

Diana LaMarre said...

Your echinacea still looks great. I just love the fullness of your garden.

Sylvana said...

Thanks everybody. I am definitely going to let the echinacea take over a larger area. This isn't even the only patch of it I have. It can be VERY prolific!
And this isn't even a very good picture of my house, so THANKS!

jac said...

That was grand Syl.