Wednesday, May 24, 2006

MN Landscape Arboretum Part 3


Here is another waterfall. This one you can see a little of the plantings that are around it. I think that they use mostly shrubs and such around waterfalls because of the scale.



Rock gardens rock! This picture does not do this garden justice. I have started a rock garden of my own and took a few notes from this one.



Here's my honey in the Japanese garden. He is creating his own Japanese garden this year. Too bad we don't have room for a waterfall!



Here is the waterfall in the Japanese garden. Well, OK, this actually just looks like a bonsai on an island, but in the upper right you can see the waterfall. But that bonsai is fabulous too!

2 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Your hubby seems to be meditating in the
photo.I love the waterfall..reminds me of my pond but on a larger scale! :)

SierraBella said...

What a great place to visit!
Not being very creative, I need to see 'stuff' like this and try to copy.