Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Here's What's Blooming, Jac

Jac mentioned that I haven't posted any pictures of flowers in my garden for awhile. Although it is true that we have been suffering with a drought which has in turn been keeping things reserving their energy, I have had a few lovely things blooming which I thought that I would share.


This is Shavakski's ligularia (Ligularia prezwalskii). I love ligularia and highly recommend it for fantastic foliage and interesting flowers.


Here is my ever multiplying echinacea lining a brick path that I had put in earlier this year with bricks found at the compost site. The city was digging up a huge pile of fill that had been dumped there by rude construction crews, but I managed to pull out all the brick I could find first.


I only have one Stargazer lily. I have tried to grow more but haven't had any luck so far. These are beautiful lilies, but the scent is a HUGE selling point too! This one lily gives off such a heady scent, you'd swear there was a whole bed of them!


These are my mutant echinacea. They have much bigger centers and petals than the others, and the petals stay horizontal like daisies. And the plant itself is HUGE! I didn't buy this plant either; It just showed up. I love volunteers!


This is one of my newer delphinium. I forgot to get the name for this one before I posted. Oops! I grow mostly Pacific Giants and Magic Fountain delphinium. They do the best for me.
I always thought that delphinium look like fairies fluttering around. Aren't they lovely?

3 comments:

Jill said...

Your lilies are gorgeous!! They look huge.

SierraBella said...

Good grief, I love all of these flowers!
If you wake up and discover your entire yard is missing... well let's just say I know nothing about it!

Sylvana said...

Jill, thanks, and they are huge!

Sierrabella, I'm trying make bigger patches of the flowers that I really like, but have been having some troubles with that because I keep finding more flowers that I really like!