Friday, September 19, 2008

Working on Overseas Garden Post

I am still going through all my trip pictures for an overseas garden post.
But in the meantime I thought you might enjoy some of my pictures from Iceland.

Thingvellir National Park


Geysir Park


Gullfoss

Marshmallow field


Seljalandsfoss



Skogasfoss



dry pond by glacier



Svartisfoss



Oraefajokull (glacier)



glacier flow


glacier flow with JD and SSB


glacier creeping over smooth mountain


ancient lava field


ancient lava field


butte and lake


Vik


Icelandic farm with glacier


Icelandic farm


Smokey Bay


cool silos


4 comments:

ilona1 said...

Iceland has always seemed so mysterious to me, and your pictures capture that feeling. I especially love the waterfall photo, if I had to pick just one.(But the whole group creates an experience of the place ). thanks for sharing your pics :)

Sylvana said...

Ilona, no problem. Iceland was an awesome place. It was so sad to hear them going through such financial difficulties just a couple of months after our visit

joey said...

Popped over from The Wooden Spoon and indeed enjoyed your stunning Iceland photos! I've only landed at the airport and had no idea of the surrounding beauty.

Sylvana said...

Joey, it is an absolutely gorgeous place. If you do go there, make sure to get out to the countryside. It is so peaceful.