Monday, October 12, 2009

My Garden at the Moment...

Of course. Because I still have so much left to do in the garden.

Here's What I Still Have To Plant:
About 2/3 of these bulbs/plants plus three 14ct packages of Princess Irene tulips (which I bought a month ago and completely forgot!), 24ct bag of Mr. Fokker anemones, a 24ct bag of Azureum muscari and a 50ct bag of Lilac Wonder tulips.
And all of these 19 perennials, which I picked up at Home Depot when I was playing hooky Friday to... stop looking at me that way! It was fate! I got there just as they finished re-pricing all their perennials to 99cents!! I could not pass that up. I was practically stealing them. And they had some great plants, not just all Autumn Joy sedum and no-name hostas. I got: 2 Twilight hostas, a Christmas hosta, 2 Silver Mound, a Frances William hosta, 4 Can Can heucheras, 2 May Night salvia, a Snow Hill salvia, 2 Sunny Border Blue speedwells, a Moonshine achillea, a Pizzaz hosta, an Elegans hosta and a clematis (that I forgot to grab a tag for so I don't know what it is, but I think it was Jack).

Oh and just in case you don't yet think I am crazy...I was playing hooky to pick up another two bushels of apples from my orchard friend/coworker and to go pick the remaining apples at another friends house (another bushel worth). I am determined to not run out of applesauce!

16 comments:

Noelle Johnson said...

Hello Sylvana,

I am with you, I can't pass a good sale, especially on plants. I hope you get all of your to do list finished.

Sylvana said...

AZPlantLady, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be fairly nice: sunny and 45-50F practically no wind. I can handle that! Maybe I can get that extra raised bed put in too!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

The picture of the snow makes me shiver! I'm not ready for snow yet. Sounds like something that would happen to me... buy a bunch of plants and bulbs and then get bad weather so I couldn't plant them. I hope it warms back up soon and you can finish your "to do" list. -Jackie

donna said...

I had no idea your part of the state had so much snow. We had a little snow fall on our pumpkins, but that's about it. It's cold here though. I find it energizing...at least that's what I tell myself:)

Sylvana said...

Jackie, this is the earliest that we have had snow in a very, very long time. So of course I was counting on at least another couple of snow-free weeks. Silly me!

Donna, I didn't even know that we were supposed to get snow! I just woke up and there it was. I love snow and winter and chilly weather, but I have snow-free stuff yet to do! Can't count on the weather in Wisconsin ;)

Chloe m said...

That was quite the bargain you scored.
Good luck planting all those bulbs, I have the same story. It is going to be a cold day but I have to get them in the ground before the next storm!
Rosey

Sylvana said...

Rosey Pollen, I'm most worried about the perennials. If I can't get the bulbs in the ground, I can always put them in cold storage until spring - I might lose a few and they won't bloom as well; but I don't think that the perennials would fair as well. Good luck with yours as well!

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

What fabulous deals!! Congrats on your terrific purchases. :)

Sylvana said...

Rebecca, I had to hold myself back knowing that I was running out of time to get these plants in the ground. If I hadn't exercised some constraint I surely would have bought everything!

Jim Groble said...

I'm in Cleveland and it's supposed to snow tonight. It's going to be tough splitting plants in the snow!

Sylvana said...

Jim, yeah, It's hard to split what you can't find! Good luck. Maybe it won't stick - ours didn't.

Scott & Liz said...

Way to go, Sylvana, SCORE!!
Nothing beats a plant sale.
Scott

Lydia said...

Brrrr.... I live in So Cal and we had to turn on the air conditioning today! Most bulbs do better where you live.

Sylvana said...

Scott&Liz, I thought I must have done something really good to get so lucky! I got first pick on their plants :)

Lydia, I really like a colder climate. Bulbs are just one of the things that make it worth while.

sharp green pencil said...

Hi from Val at P and L ,, I just had to say how beautiful that snow looks...here the green is nice but relentless...it just goes on and on and on....

Sylvana said...

Val, it is so beautiful, I love winter and I think it would be difficult for me to live where there was no snow.