Monday, June 13, 2005

Garden Shoe Challenge

I was reading this post on OldRoses blog where she was posting a picture of her gardening shoes. She said that CrazyGramma wanted a garden shoe line up. I know I'm really late in getting mine up, but here they are non-the-less. (BTW: it was raining when I took these pictures, that's what the spots are)

These are my romp around the garden shoes. I wear them for weeding and walking through the garden to check on plants. I like them because they are:
1. easy to get on and off
2. easy to clean
3. soft and cushy
4. waterproof
5. dark so as not to look dirty
6. cool and airy
7. cheap ($1!)
8. comfortable, the straps don't rub on my feet like
other flip-flops have
9. And of course, they are SO GIRLY!!

********************************************************

These are my Down-to-Business garden footwear. I use these for digging big holes to either get weeds out or put plants in. They are waterproof so they come in handy when I have to get shin deep in the mud. What fun!!

I love these for getting compost because the compost can't work it's way in unless I get a little too carried away. Plus I feel so fashionable! Ooo-la-la!

Aren't they just adorable? Easy to clean, comfortable, and easy to get on and off, who could ask for more?

6 comments:

crazygramma said...

Ha Ha I love them and I hope others will show off theirs.

OldRoses said...

You spoil your gardens with such fancy footwear! Love the boots. I don't know why I never thought of that. I just figured as long as my feet are water-proof, I can just kick off whatever shoes I'm wearing and wade in barefoot. I just hose down my feet afterwards.

Sylvana said...

My skin is very sensitive- Princess and the Pea. So I need footwear when things get bumby and rough. Besides, I need the extra cushion for using shovels and such. I couldn't imaging doing that barefoot! Ouch! not to mention the foot cramps that would ensue!

SierraBella said...

Love the girly sandals!
I'd post a photo of mine, but they're just awful.
Heck, I might do it anyway.

Sandy said...

My rubber boots are my favorite footwear. Not many days go by without wearing them.

OldRoses said...

Come on, SierraBella, just do it!