Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Favorite Lily

FYI- My favorite lily of all time is a dwarf oriental by the name of Mr. Ed (pictured here, but really, this pic I found on the web does not do these lilies justice!). If you find this lily, buy it!! It has gorgeously shaped leaves, the flowers are fabulous, and the scent of this particular lily is heavenly!! I just absolutely love them. They kind of remind me of a scoop of freshly mashed potatoes with a little pepper on top. YUM! Unfortunately, I have been having trouble tracking them down since my last one died from an unfortunate accident about five years ago. But I did get a hold of a supplier (Van Bourgondien in my sidebar) that can get them for me this fall. And I will be buying lots of them!

4 comments:

OldRoses said...

Lilies that smell like mashed potatoes? Never heard of such a thing. Very strange.

Babette said...

Lovely lily, indeed!

Sylvana said...

OldRoses- :)) I re-read that five times before I posted it and never caught that! So funny! I mean they look like them, of course.

Bonnie- Hi! And like I said- this picture doesn't even do it justice. Really.

OldRoses said...

Oops! Sorry. I just went from "heavenly scent" directly to the mashed potatoes. Guess I was kinda hungry at the time. Sorry. Now that I have reread it, I see you meant their appearance, not their scent.