Saturday, June 11, 2005


This is a Chinese ginger. I don't know or care if it is edible, or even if it flowers. I got it because I really dig the foliage. I hope it multiplies well, or I'm going to have to get more. It really brings a lot of interest to an already interesting shade garden.


I got it from a garden center that has been in the area for a really long time, but for some reason, this is the first time I have ever visited it. They have beautiful plants that are reasonably priced too. This ginger was about $7. I will definitely be going back to that nursery!

4 comments:

crazygramma said...

Ah I wish I had a shady area I love foliage, however I do the best I can with what I have and plant the sun loving plants.

Sylvana said...

Plant some trees. That's what we are doing this year to get more shade to plant in.

crazygramma said...

I have planted an Apricot tree however it will be awhile yet before it gives us fruit or shade

Sylvana said...

I always like the Gerber apricots- the sweetened ones, not the granola save-my-baby ones (yuck!).