Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Backyard - June



Here is a current picture of my main garden. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that it looks that much different than the picture that I took right after my graduation party. Guess I need more plants! ;)

We did weed the paths a little. We have Mini Nuggets (I think they are cedar) in the path. They remind me of the campgrounds from my childhood. They would pave the paths through the forests with a very similar material. The smell is nice and they look good, but I might switch to sand. I would like to be able to walk through my garden barefoot, sand keeps down the weeds better, plus it is a different color than the garden bed soil.

All my gardens are a work in progress, of course. Is a garden ever really "finished" though? That's part of the fun. I see my gardens as a mandala. They are only temporary art that is changed by nature, people and time.

6 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

hehe..you said "mini nuggets"



I dont' know why I think that's funny...

OldRoses said...

Paths!! That's what I need to get rid of the lawn. Why didn't I think of that? Your gardens look great.

Sylvana said...

ESC- Hehe, your comment reminded me of the Chimpokoman episode of South Park... "Oh, our *nuggets* are sooo small! Your *nuggets* are soooo huge!" (of course substituting penis for *nuggets*. I'm demented too. Maybe I should have called my blog "The Demented Gardener".

OldRoses- A lawn does look nice as a contrast, but I find a garden far easier and more rewarding to take care of.

SierraBella said...

Something I saw in blogworld:
"Gardening... the slowest of the performing arts."
Looked back, and I found it on "Homestead's" site several months ago.

Sylvana said...

Sierrabella- "performing arts"? Gosh I hope no one is watching me garden!

SierraBella said...

sylvana,
I know what you mean!
I always hope no-one is approaching from the rear.

BTW, I finally posted my gardening shoes on my sierravistas site!