Monday, June 13, 2005

A Gift from the Tree Rats


OK, now I usually rag on the squirrels and how they are always second guessing my plant placement, but this one they got right. A squirrel planted this lily in my foundation planter two years ago and this is the first year it has bloomed. It's just lovely! Thanks squirrels!

They planted another on the other side of the house and I think that it is finally going to bloom this year too. They planted it in the shade though, so I don't know how well it will bloom. We will see I guess.

4 comments:

crazygramma said...

I wish we had squirrels so they could plant one for me. It is beautiful.

SierraBella said...

The color!
My squirrels keep planting acorns in my pots. Baby oak trees anyone?

OldRoses said...

My squirrels dig stuff up and eat it. And now I have a rabbit or rabbits doing even more damage. I'll have to take some pictures of the holes I have where bulbs used to be.

OldRoses said...

Almost forgot - gorgeous lilies. I love the intense colors.